30 years of experience have not dulled the fascination I have with software development. My passion is distributed systems and figuring out how to scale development to big teams. Extreme modularity and testing are the main tools in my toolbelt, using them to combat the code spaghetti monster at companies like Wix, Applitools, and at my current job as software architect at Roundforest.
In my private life, I’m a husband to an amazing wife, dad to two lovely kids, an avid reader of Science Fiction, (I counts Samuel Delany, Robert Silverberg, and Robert Heinlein as favorites) and a passionate film buff. (Stanley Kubrick, Lars Von Trier, David Cronenberg, anybody?)
Unfortunately for me, I still haven’t answered the big question of my life—what’s better, static or dynamic languages? But I’m working on it.
A playlist of some talks I’ve given over the years #
Me on social media #
- Mastodon: https://hachyderm.io/@giltayar
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/giltayar (still there, but mostly inactive now)
- Github: https://github.com/giltayar
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/giltayar/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/giltayar
This is me #